Win or loose we will never be defeated...

February 6, 2018

Riverton Drill Team Competition
                                                                               
Hello reader, 

Today I would like to reflect upon why I am a drill coach and why I truly love this sport! I first applied to be one of the coaches because of the passion and love I have for dance itself. Shortly it became more about the love I have while watching all of my dancers succeed and accomplish their dreams. This year with these girls has easily been one of the most rewarding and enriching experiences in my life. Drill has taught me so much not only about myself but also about the amazing girls that surround me each day. Let's be honest, no drill coach does this for the money or because they want to wake up at 4:30am for practice every morning 😂. We do it for something much more important than that. Drill has taught me how amazingly dedicated you have to be as a member of the team. Not only do these drill girls spend countless hours at practice each day and memorize every count to multiple routines, but they are constantly pushing themselves to accomplish and succeed at what seems like the most daunting tasks. Being on drill takes sacrifice, dedication, passion, persistence, and love just to name a few. It isn't about the big trophy or major award but rather the character, commitment, blood, sweat, and tears these girls are willing to give for their team and their sport! 

This past month on Riverton Drill Team we had some really high highs and some really low lows. As I watched my girls with both situations I could not get over how each and every girl carried themselves with such dignity and grace. As we went from winning the top team in the state in our character routine at region, to barley missing the mark and not being able to attend state finals...our team never showed weakness or defeat!!! I will never forget these experiences both challenging and wonderful. 

If any of my girls are reading this...I want each one of you to know how truly proud I am of you. You have forever left a mark on my heart and I will never forget this year that I was able to coach you. 💜 I love you guys. Let's bring it even more next season!

For those seniors that are moving on...I know I have only known most of you for this short year, but I know with out a doubt you will ALL do incredible things. Please take with you every experience you have had while on the Riverton drill team and remember, I love you more then you will ever know. Thank you for impacting my life in such a significant way. "Invest more expect more".   

****GO RIVERTON DRILL TEAM!!!! 


Xoxo 
Bee Behind the chair 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs