Mom and Dad...or Heroes?

February 27, 2018


Hello reader, 

Today I would like to touch upon parents! Lately I have really been reflecting on my life as a child and how lucky I was growing up with two incredible parents...Ever since I was just a little girl I had this crazy connection with my dad. If any of you know my dad, you will agree he is one of the most christ like and selfless people you will ever meet so it was easy to want to follow every move he made. Trust me when I say though my love for my mom is just as strong we may have had some rough patches during my teenage years which mom "I am so sorry!" haha. Thankfully after I graduated high school my mom and I became very close. She had always been my go-to person to talk to and my best friend but at this point I was finally not as bratty with her. Growing up I was pretty easy going but full of sass. I remember a story my mom and her best friend Nicole told me. I was about 2 or 3 years old and Nic and my mom were hanging out, my mom told me to go clean my room when much to their surprise I stomped up the stairs singing "Cinderella Cinderella Cinderella" lol 😂. I will NEVER live it down!!! The thing about growing up whether I was easy going or a pain in my parents butt, they always showed me unconditional love. Looking back at all the things they supported me through in my life I don't know what I would have done without them. My dad funded all our fun and many many years of dance lessons, competitions, ect. We spent so many hours in his office watching funny YouTube videos or looking up my next song for my solo it was my favorite. Now my mom, we go on really long walks together and talk for hours. She is also very blunt and I love her for that well most the time haha unless we are shopping and she tells me I look fat in something... just kidding I still appreciate it. She is literally my best friend and now that I am out o the house I miss her all the time! 


It's funny how before I got married I honestly couldn't wait to get out of their house. Simply because I just wanted a sense of freedom not that my parents were awful and I wanted to run away! Now being married a year and a half I can honestly say I miss my house and family more than I even thought possible. Don't get me wrong I love being on my own and having my own family (Ty) but I didn't realize how amazing my family was until I left. I'm sure some of you reading this can relate. It's like you have lived with your family your whole life and then in the blink of an eye your gone, your old room becomes your sisters, and you aren't there for every silly moment. I guess it's the circle of life. Although I miss them, starting my own family has been so much fun and I truly am so happy! My only hope is that when Ty and I decide to have kids that we can be even half as good as my parents were to me. My parents will never be just mom and dad to me they will always be...my heroes!


xoxo
Bee behind the chair 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs