A beautiful life lived

May 10, 2018


Photo Credit: Marisa Rose 
Hello Reader,

Over the last couple days I have written this and re-written this about a thousand times. I mean how do you adequately express how someone as remarkable as Betty touched not only my life but so many lives around her?


It's crazy to me that in the blink of an eye you can be given a time frame on life. Betty was known as Mamaw's to many and she will forever be that to me. This wonderful women fought a great battle of cancer and was so happy and positive through it all. Mamaws has been in my life for quite some time now and I truly am so grateful I was able to know someone as sweet as her. For those who knew her, you will remember her constant smiles and never missing a chance to hug you each time she saw you. Or her amazing listening skills at each family party as she genuinely listened to everyones stories around her.


I have many amazing memories of Mamaws that I will cherish forever. To name a few, she was the dance grandma along side my grandma Rodgers who was also her best friend. Betty was always at every competition cheering all her "grand daughters" on no matter what! Another moment I will remember and love is when she took me to get a garter for my wedding she was so adament about helping out in any way she could and the garter was something she insisted on buying for me. The day we went to get one she was so sweet and wanted to make sure I really loved it. The garter was only about $4.00 when we got up to the register and she felt so bad that it was not more and wanted to spend more on me. I assured her and told her "whether it is $4.00 or $400 I love it the same, because it is a special gift from you Mamaws" she instantly cried and we hugged for what seemed liked 10minutes. It was that day that I realized even the smallest things in life can bring joy and happiness. Which that day picking out a garter brought me an abundance of happiness!


Lastly of the many memories I could write about, it was a couple weeks before she had found out and told us all that she was diagnosed with cancer. I had stopped by her house to deliver some shampoo to Arica (her granddaughter), Glenda her daughter was their getting ready to leave for work and I had sat talking to them for about 40mins until Glenda had to leave for work. Most of the time that would have been my cue and I would left as well but that Friday night I decided to stay. Mamaws and I talked for over an hour and a half just catching up. She told me about stories of hers from growing up and what was going on in her life at the moment and it was easily one of my favorite conversations I have had with her. She also had told me that night about what they thought was a cyst in her stomach and she said that all she had wanted is to make it to Arica's graduation day and then she would be ok. I held back the tears as she got chocked up. Even as I drove home that night I couldn't stop thinking about that and just hoping she would get to go to graduation!


Mamaws actually passed away just a couple weeks short of Arica's graduation and to be honest I will never understand why! My immediate thought when I found out about her passing was why now? why so close to her wish? I may never know the answer to this but I truly believe that ''everything happens for a reason". Although everyone is extremely saddened by the news of her passing I have comfort knowing that she will always be there watching over us with her angle wings spread wide. Thank you mamaws for alway being there when we needed you and thank you for being my grandmother even though we are not blood related, you always made me feel so specialšŸ’–I love you.



xoxo 
Bee behind the chair




No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs